Sadly we had to temporarily close our doors to the young people and families we work with due to Covid 19. It was a difficult but necessary for us to make this decision. However we’ve still be here working hard to provide support via Zoom and through our Facebook,
We have had the privilege to work in partnership with the Good Neighbours Project assisting them in delivering hot meals to the elderly members of our community. As a staff team we’ve all thoroughly enjoyed connecting with the elderly and have had lots of laughs and giggles along the way.
We have also strengthened our relationship with the Salvation Army, offering our support to them where needed as well as utilising their food bank to help families in Holmewood.
As well as delivering food parcels and working with other organisations, our Youth Team have been working hard to plan fun and creative activities for our families and young people to participate with.
These have included:
- our first ever Family Lockdown Olympics, where we had 15 activities over 5 days for the family to complete – The families videod their attempts at the activities and sent them in to us, each activity generated a point to help them secure their medal. We then announced Team France as the winner with teams America and Greece coming in as runner ups.
- Family Style Cook and Eat, we have partnered up with Primetime to provide families with a cooking hamper to create a yummy fresh home cooked meal and a sweet treat. It’s been amazing seeing the photo’s of the food which has been created, and to hear how many young people have joined in and in some cases taken full ownership over the cooking.
- We created lots of different craft packs on a weekly basis. These became so popular that we launched our very own Craft Club which has been a huge success!
- The youth team decided they would host a weekly family quiz, and it’s been lovely seeing the families engaging in quiz and having a giggle over the great team names.
- We have also been challenging our families and young people through different facebook challenges which again have been great for some healthy competition.
We are now busy working behind the scenes planning all of our Youth Sessions and Family Sessions , as well as getting our lovely centre ready to hopefully welcome you back in September.
Keep an eye on our facebook page for regular updates. https://www.facebook.com/stcfp/